Release: July 1, 2020
- Minsar Studio for HoloLens 2
Available on demand¶
- Minsar Studio for Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift
- Minsar Studio on Magic Leap
- Change between Rounded and Sharp corners for 2D elements
- Improved UX and stability of Grouping feature
- Improved UI of the Video Type Selection dialog
- Improved UI of the Image Type Selection dialog
- Added support for 360 Image Outer
Native Assets Providers¶
- Access photos from iOS device
- Access to videos coming soon
Online Assets Providers¶
- Sketchfab navigation to the user's personal and acquired models
- Updated Sketchfab sorting (last week's most liked assets are now displayed)
- Improved reliability of Sketchfab Import
- The Download Progress of Assets is now displayed in the Loading Gizmo
- When an asset loading fails, we now automatically clear the cache and re-attempt to download it
User Experience, User Interface¶
- New Tutorials to help learn Minsar Studio's basic and advanced features
- The Media Player is now located on top of the menu instead of being in the scene
- We now prompt a Dialog when the network connection is lost
- Improved the ease of use of the new handlers (added in 1.17)
- We have updated the Simple Anchor appearance
- Horizontal Surface Anchor
- Spatial Anchors on HoloLens 2
- Improved UX UX when switching from one Anchor to another
Improve UX and UI of Spatial Anchors
On iOS, we now leverage the native AR Coaching Overlay to provide a smoother experience
- On iOS, we have enabled the Body Occlusion in the XR View app
- New Default VR environment for Quest and Rift
- Improved Environment Based Rendering on iOS and Android
- Publish or Export from Minsar Studio
- The generated QR Code for the experience is now vectorized
- SparkAR export is now in Public Preview. Create in Minsar Studio and publish on Facebook and Instagram!
- Streamlined design of the XR View webpages.
- Improved the authentication flow
- Users can now easily change their password (😅)
- Some actions in elements in groups won't work properly. We are working on properly supporting this.
- In a complex Minsar scene, adding new 8K textures can crash the app on iOS.
- On Android, the camera is now able to properly scan a QR Code
- We now properly set the asset ratio when the user replaces an asset by another
- The Pulse Action in an element in a group is now behaving as expected
- The menu will not quickly appear and disappears in some situations anymore
- Assets with a huge user-defined size (such as big 3D models) now have their size properly saved and resored.
- ... dozens of other bugfixes
Release: July 3, 2020
- Fixed authentication issues on iOS.
Release: July 4, 2020
- Fixed an interaction issue with a specific tutorial (Import) on iOS
- Fixed an environment-based rendering issue on Android
- Fix a network issue on the Publish from app
Release: July 8, 2020
Release: July 9, 2020
- Updated asset provider icons.